Castle Howard House and Grounds Group Entrance Ticket: Castle Howard is one of Britain’s finest historic houses, situated just outside York in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are over 300 years of history to enjoy and explore here, which your group can discover at their leisure.
The Castle Howard Estate, which features over 200 listed buildings and monuments, is situated within the Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty 15 miles north-east of York. The estate is approximately 8,800 acres (3,561 ha), comprising 6,100 acres of farmland, 2,100 acres of woodland and 600 acres of parkland.
Castle Howard is a perfect for a group visit: the theatrical splendour of the House; the fine art and furniture collections and exhibitions; the fascinating stories of family members across the centuries.
Castle Howard offers a variety of benefits to groups, allowing you to tailor-make your visit for a perfect day. Admission includes exploring the House at leisure on a free-flow tour with knowledgeable guides in every room. You are free to enjoy the House as many times as you like on the day of your visit.
Group benefits include:
- Generous discount on House and Grounds admission
- Free entry for the group leader and coach driver
- Free refreshment voucher for the coach driver
- Easy parking and drop off
- Free coach parking (for important Coach Driver information please click here)
- Fast track admission available
- Discounted refreshment packages
- Private dining and tour options
- Foreign language information available
- Specialist tours and talks (these can be tailored to reflect your groups particular interests, please click here for more information)
House & Ground Group Rates 2019
The following rates apply for groups of 12 or more visiting the house and grounds during the main season, with a self-guided tour of the House.
- Adult: £15.50
- Child (4 -16): £8.00
- Under 4s: Free